Welcome!

I love the freedom of writing

Sunday 17 June 2012

Getting back on the horse!


OMG!

It’s so difficult finding the balance that I need to keep going on my writing.

I’ve been spending a lot of time focused on my fitness and regaining my confidence during 2012…plus having fun…all of which have left me a little short on time and focus for my writing. I haven’t even been very regular in going to my writing groups, or completing assignments for the short story writing course I took.

I always have difficulty in dealing with more than one important thing at a time…I tend to get consumed by something if I enjoy it, forgetting, or shelving, all the other things that I have to do. And for the last 5 months that thing, that I’ve been somewhat consumed with, has been going to the gym…my achievements there are measurable and obvious, even though I DO get frustrated not to meet my own expectations, I am making progress – which is rather gratifying.

My plan going forwards is to make sure I do writing EVERY day…just as I did (for the most part) during NaNo. The problem is what to I continue with first? I have somewhere in the region of ten incomplete manuscripts…all at varying stages…I suppose I should complete the one that is closest to completion…which would be one of the Mills and Boon books…it would be satisfying to send it off and see what happens…

Other than my own manuscripts there is also a potential publication in the wings from my twice monthly writing group, WriteNight @15QueenStreet. We’ll be discussing the details at our next meeting, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be a selection of all our writing exercises from the group. It’s always interesting to hear the different voices that come out of the people that come along. And although I’ve been going along since the group began during NaNoWriMo I’ve never been brave enough to read out one piece…maybe I should suck it up and read out loud! My problem is that the first draft ALWAYS needs some tweaking, or I don’t quite finish off and round things out…others don’tk seem to have the same problem…what is their secret I wonder…

Well, I’m going to finish here, because this is all turning into a bit of circular thinking…and not really getting me anywhere. I WILL be making time for writing and complete a project by the end of the month…

That’s all for now folks!

No comments: